Sunday, June 23, 2013

Let there be light

Today, I finally found a way to make buildings light up at night, just like the Late-Night-appartments do! This exciting discovery opens up new ways to create an even more immerse urban environment.
Normally, only lots are illuminated at night, if you have lamps or other light sources on them. Any kind of deco building is not and remains dark and abandoned.

I spent quite a lot of time to search the net for a solution on how to make my deco buildings illuminated at night. A conversion of the Do-it-yourself-billboard from couldwalkersims was the breakthrough. Thanks a lot for that!
Here is a linkt to the website: --> http://cloudwalkersims.com/do-it-yourself-billboard/

From my research, I know that a lot of people were trying to find a way on how to do this, so I will write a tutorial and post it here in the near future (As far as I know, the only one who could do illuminated deco buildings at present was LunaSimsLuna
[ http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/], who did the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty, but never shared her knowledge with us).

Right now, I have done some windows that illuminate at night, which looks much better than the whole building itself being lighted.





But that is for sure only the beginning. Imagine Times Square and all the adverts being bright as daylight even during the early morning hours.
Those are pictures of some illuminated adverts I did this evening. They look great during night time, don't they?






I am looking forward to be able to make the city that never sleeps finally wake up at night!

Horus

No comments:

Post a Comment